The Department of Human Services and the Office of Child Care have released a number of new policies and draft regulations related to the goal of reopening Rhode Island’s child care programs by June 1st. This page is meant as a resource for child care providers and early childhood educators by providing links to RIght from the Start recommendations, DHS information, CDC guidelines, and surveys to provide feedback, questions, and concerns about reopening during the COVID-19 pandemic.
DHS Communications, Policies & Draft Regulations
- Temporary Rate Enhancements during COVID-19 – Reopening Licensed Center Child Care Weekly Rates (June 1 – August 28, 2020)
- Temporary Rate Enhancements during COVID-19 – Reopening Licensed Family Child Care Weekly Rates (June 1 – August 28, 2020) / En español
- COVID-19 Re-opening Plan – Frequently Asked Questions / En español
- COVID-19 Child Care Plan Form – En español
- Draft Emergency Regulations
Reopening During the COVID-19 Pandemic DHS and BrightStars Provider Survey